If you are experiencing relationship difficulties and often find yourself feeling unhappy, anxious, insecure or doubtful, group therapy may be the right treatment modality for you. Unlike individual therapy, group therapy provides an opportunity for you to:
- Meet other people who may be struggling with similar issues.
- Share your experiences and hear other people’s stories.
- Hear feedback about the way you relate to others in a safe and respectful environment.
- Learn from others and the feedback they receive from the group therapist or from other group members.
- Gain self-awareness and understanding about how other people perceive you in a trusting and therapeutic setting.
- Try new behaviors and learn new skills.
- Improve your relationships through real here-and-now interaction with others.
- Help others better understand themselves and their actions.